Here is a recipe for my Roasted Cauliflower Chowder.
1. Put the cashews in a bowl and cover with hot water and let soak for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and chop the cauliflower into florets, peel and chop the potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil. season with salt and pepper.
3. Cut the top of the garlic bulb, drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap the bulb in tin foil and place it on the baking sheet with the vegetables.
4. Roast for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables is starting to become slightly brown and the potatoes are soft but they don't have to be too soft because it will be blended later. make sure the garlic is not burning.
5. Once the vegetables and garlic is roasted, allow them to slightly cool and add them to a high powered food processor. Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and add to the blender.
6. Drain and rinse the cashews, adding them to the blender along with the hummus and quinoa. Pour liquids, miso, salt and pepper to taste, paprika, ginger, curry and parsley blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
7. Transfer the mixture to a pot and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 Servings